What is an Ice and Water Dispenser?
An ice and water dispenser, like the name suggests, is a machine that dispenses water, combined with an attached ice machine that produces ice. Some countertop ice and water dispensers like the Follett E25CI425A-S have both the water dispenser and ice machine contained in the same unit. Models such as the Follett E15CI100A-CARB also produce sparkling water via a hidden under counter carbonation unit. Modular ice and water dispensers such as the Ice O Matic CD40530JFW and Manitowoc SFA291 need a separate ice machine to be installed on top of the ice dispenser. The ice produced is stored by the dispenser, ready for future use. Depending on the design, these machines cam be activated by either a push button, lever or IR beam.
Who can Benefit from an Ice and Water Dispenser?
Anyone who is concerned about ice contamination can benefit from using an ice and water dispenser, as it is not necessary to scoop the ice by hand. Countertop models are commonly found in office environments where there is a lower demand. These units are generally not suitable for a large restaurant or bar. Larger modular equipment can be found in hotels, restaurants, hospitals, aged care facilities, construction sites and mine sites.
How do Ice and Water Dispensers Work?
Ice is produced in an ice maker and drops down into a storage bin within the machine, where a stainless steel arm periodically stirs the ice to prevent it from forming a solid block. A push button, lever or IR beam is used to activate an auger in the bottom of the ice storage container. The auger lifts the ice from the bottom of the storage bin, forcing the ice up and through a chute into a container. Another switch activates a water solenoid, allowing water to be dispensed into the same container, ready for use.
Benefits of Ice and Water Dispensers
- Hygiene – The main benefit of an ice and water dispenser is increased food safety. These units do not require a user to scoop ice out of an ice storage bin. This reduces the possibility of accidental ice contamination through human contact.
- Reduced Labour – Customers can obtain as much ice and water as they desire, whenever they want. Many customers prefer to serve themselves, without having to wait to be served.
- Convenience – Ice and water dispensers are a combined hydration station. Users can access water whenever they are thirsty and keep it cool with ice cubes, without having to move to another appliance.
- Guest Experience – In the hospitality industry, guest experience is everything. If you don’t have the ability to provide a guest with ice and water when needed, the overall experience is compromised. An ice and water dispenser that satisfies the customer’s expectations compliments the experience in these fickle sectors and helps improve customer satisfaction. This pays for itself in repeat business and referrals.
- Space Saving – Many ice and water dispensers are small enough to be installed on a countertop. This makes them suitable for a wide range of installations where space is limited.
Need an Ice and Water Dispenser?
If a sanitary, hands-free ice and water dispenser sounds right for your business, call Best Ice Machines on 1300 237 842 or contact us via email for a quote on the latest ice and water products available. We’re here to help.