Staff Ice Makers
Staff Ice Maker Product Range
Staff Ice Systems – Shipboard or Land-Based suitable for Salt or Freshwater Flake Ice Machines.
The SPS Series (Evaporator Only) Flake Ice Machines produce a low temperature (-10c) sub-cooled fresh or salt (sea) water flake ice at 2.0-2.5mm thick, using a horizontal rotating evaporator drum for ice production. Multiple capacities available.
- Direct freon expansion: evaporators with a high heat transfer. For improved effeciency, the freon expansion takes place in direct contact with the evaporator.
- When installing on a fishing boat, the operating logic automatically controls the rolling and swinging.
- Low mechanical stress: Delays programmed at the start and end of cycle allow the evaporators to start without being blocked by ice.
- Programmable logic controller monitors ice production and signals the presence of potential anomalities.
- Water humidity control: SPS scale ice makers can regulate the water level in the bin and water flow out of the evaporator jet to produce ice that is more or less dry.